New York, NY
Citizenship IS NOT required.
Onsite IS NOT required. This position is 100% REMOTE.
Please vet candidates according to the specific Residency and requirements/skillsets or this role
Onsite interviews may be required. Please ensure your candidates are aware and able/willing to comply.
Please add candidate's two-week interview availability on top section of resume
Supplier is responsible for providing a laptop computer, wireless air card for Internet connectivity and cell phone for resource to perform in this role.
Contractor on-boarding requires NetApp standard Background Investigation and may also include additional NetApp Customer Background Investigation requirements. This includes, but is not limited to; 10 year BI, Drug Screening and Fingerprinting.
Requirements:Our East region has a need for a resident Engineer to support Exodus Point Capital Management in NewYork, NY. This will be a 3 month residency with a targeted start date of 5/18/20.
Scope of Work:
1. Location: 100% remote
2. Full-time PS Resident - 3 mo contract
1. ONTAP administration, troubleshooting, provisioning, upgrades etc
2. Best practices implementation of configuration changes
3. CIFS / NFS multiprotocol access to vols – Win/UNIX authentication, Active Directory, LDAP, security styles, ACL Permissions
4. Citrix VDI – NetApp holds the roaming profiles and data stores, not the image.
5. Daily monitoring and diagnostics with OCUM, etc
6. Interfacing with NetApp TSC on support cases
7. Data protection best practices
They need somebody that can handle the day to day requests, and also share with the customer best practices/hows/whys, etc. Someone with strong ONTAP skills with extensive experience with ONTAP administration – not the shorter term 'installer' type who isn't around long enough to get into the deeper administration activities. The resident will be engaged after the NY systems are configured and they will look to him/her to ensure they are leveraging best practices and the systems are optimally tuned for their requirements.